PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now is your chance to remove unnecessary rules and costs/VOR airspace thread merged
Old 18th Jun 2007, 04:12
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Smith

Once again you present us with a dilemma. How to use your undoubtedly high profile and access, to progress Australian aviation in an atmosphere of positive and mutual respect for each others views, usefully, without those same views being "Dick Smithed".

It may or may not be news to you that PPRuNe has been read and discussed by those in the halls of power for way longer than you have been a member. It may or may not be news to you that PPRuNe was, and maybe still is although the jury is out on it for the moment, where those in the halls of power came to find out the "real story", as distinct from an agenda or distorted information that maybe their "advisors" were feeding them.

I need not dilate on the details, they are well known here and there and you were not as often the subject as you may imagine. PPRuNers discriminate equally in so far as loose logic or specious argument is concerned.

Yours has been but one view expressed here, it carries no more nor less weight that any other PPRuNer, anonymous or not. The only weight it does carry is whether it can support a logical and/or factual basis for argument and that opinion is clearly disscociated from fact.

One can only applaud your motivation in offering to present PPRuNers views as a "chance to remove unecessary rules and costs" by your membership of the Ministerial advisory group. My worry is, and the evidence of the past suggests it may be so that apart from the really obvious stuff that has appeared here it that will be your agenda and not the industries which will be ultimately presented.

I digress, back to the dilemma, and I'll be blunt, the very value of PPRuNe is its anonymous nature, the ability of posters to speak plainly, even against accepted employer, Goverment or regulatory positions without fear of retribution. You have not valued that in the past we do not have any evidence that you will present the views from here without personal comment.

You may best advise your fellow members and the Govt et al to continue to do what they have since PPRuNe started get it directly from the horses mouth.

The argument or views presented here do not magically become logical or not when the PPRuNer does or does not identify themselves.

The sun may rise in the west before it happens, but there is a logical argument for you to post anonymously. At least there may be a chance that your arguments or views may get a chance to be assessed without the bagagge, there would be no more or less rigour and yes sometimes dumbosity applied to it but at the least you would find out, like some of the policy and rule changes floated here, whether it would fly or not.