PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - Teething Problems?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2007, 00:11
Psiontech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyMaybe

I have read some of the comments here with interest and my feelings go out to all Flybe 'customers'. If it helps anyone understand here is my opinion as to why everything seems to be going wrong.
Nearly 200 flight crew are leaving or have already left since Flybe announced they were taking over BA Connect, I am not sure how many cabin crew have left but it’s a lot, most of these losses have been from the EMB145 fleets but there have been some losses in the BAe146 fleet too. The Dash8 Q300 aircraft is to be replaced by the Q400, however due to a dispute between the former BA Connect engineers & Flybe, the engineers are not being trained to carry out any maintenance on the Q400 or the newer EMB195, the main places that this is causing problems is MAN & GLA if a Q400 is tech an engineer has to be called out from either BHX or BHD, also due to the enlarged operation it is having knock on effect though out the network.
Why are so many leaving, Flybe’s reputation I am afraid, in the first 2½ months of the ‘New Flybe’ they seem to have been right to leave not only have the passengers had a bad experience believe me the employees are getting it much worse. Flybe’s organisational and manpower management skills are not up to the task.
If I were you if you can go by an other route do so for at least the next 12 months.