PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEP - Please Help - Assistance Needed.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2007, 23:10
jet2us

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks guys for all your suggestions and help - I really appreciate it. Xraf good observations! top marks! haha. Yes I would eventually like to fly some form of ex-forces fast jets , my ideal being a hawk, if and when they ever get decommisioned somewhere along the line! If not a JP sounds fun.

Well I have been flying for the past few years but its only the last sort of six months I have been managing to rack up some hours and Ive started really getting back into it and feel that a twin is an exciting and probably a very rewarding challenge.

A chap from Wolverhampton brought me back in a Seminole the other week and let me fly it all the way home and when I asked if he wanted control for the landing his reply was " nope you can do it" He was a CPL multi instructor of course and it was during this flight that I began to think - " I gotta do this more often".

So since then I have been looking in to it a bit more, but im very interested in any advice that I can get. I do certainly appreciate the comments from both bose x and latefinals. I will be looking at starting commercial ground school in September so I will more than likley be completing an MEP next year but I just got this thing where I cant wait, Id like to do it now.

But perhaps the suggestion about getting into an Arrow for the next few months isnt a bad idea! At least then I can build up some more confidence with retractable undercarriage and a little more power.

Also thanks to gcolyer and sussexlad I appreciate both your comments also. I will def look into that DVD from Transair

Finally in response to hung flung dung I work closley with a rental company who has a few BE76 so would probably be able to get some usage of one - what would your personal opinion be on the best sort of machine for MEP? - Seneca?
Cheers Again.