PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Met's EC145s are about to go Operational!
Old 17th Jun 2007, 21:46
maxdrypower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We normally let the seat to stick interface make the brews .On a serious note
I dont have one to hand but the paom lays down the criteria for CAA agreed pax who can fly with police air support units.Im sure it states that Police staff , which is what PCSO's are , can only fly if it is a flight in line with their police role , or words to that effect .I cannot think of a single reason a professional pedestrian would need to fly in an asu aircraft . This would also apply to non police officers recruited to be air observers . Now I suppose we could recruit persons to be observers who are not officers and give them one assigned role as an observer but this may be stretching the interpretation a bit too far . Now im sure they ill never put these cso in the aircraft ours is used precious little enough but if bobbies knew it was crewed by csos it would become redundant overnight and lose what little respect it has . But as senior officers certainly within my force are ridiculous to say the least nothing would surprise me

Last edited by maxdrypower; 17th Jun 2007 at 21:59.