Old 17th Jun 2007, 14:03
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BS,
Why don't you read my previous post?
Why don't you answer my questions?
Direct flight from the UK to Sylhet are not possible, because

A) UK to Bangladesh direct is single designation
B) Sylhet is not a destination open for scheduled UK flights.
With regards to point (a), we already know this, and any airline's attempt to break up this monopoly is admirable. But the brochure talks of launching in "summer 2007". We're just 4 days away from the summer solstice, and I don't see any signs of these flights starting. Can't you just admit that you are being a little bit economical with the truth?

With regards to point B, Osmani International Airport has already welcomed international flights, and I understand that upgrades to terminal facilities are due to be completed shortly. However, I also note that there is no ILS at present, and that runway lighting leaves a lot to be desired.

I put it to you that this isn't about your needing to protect valid commercial secrets. It is a simple case of trying to operate into a destination which lacks (a) the necessary bilateral agreements, (b) the political stability, or (c) the technical facilities to handle flights from the UK.

Whilst I would naturally hope that all of these can be resolved in good time, why can't you just admit that the chances of these happening in time for summer 2007 are close to zero?

I also note that you have merely responded to LLF's point by repeating yourself from further up. Please stop patronising us with this tripe about "if we were Bangladeshi". Not a single contributor here has questioned the need for this route to be opened up, but in case you hadn't realised it, Sylhet is not the only city out ther lacking direct non-stop flights from the UK. There are very clear reasons why this has not happened in the past, and there are still some extremely significant obstacles to this route starting in the near future.

Why is it so difficult for you to realise this?