PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Sylhet
Thread: Air Sylhet
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2007, 23:46
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jabird - why would any airline publish its full business plan to you?
Err, because they are appealing for investors, and have made the majority of their proposals available on their website. I have also acquired a paper copy of the business plan.
Most regard them as a commercial secret of their plans and intentions.
You are quite right in this respect - many airlines do indeed keep their intended route plans closely guarded. Air Sylhet could indeed have merely said that they intend to "satisfy the massive need for better UK-Bangladesh flights", and left details of their route plans out.
Instead, they chose to publish a list of intended airports (including New York - good luck with that one!) I am still awaiting answers with regards to the scheduling of out and back rotations to Sylhet AND Dhaka within 24 hours - and comments on the technical feasibility of doing this, with a full load of freight, from BHX.
Hardly seems sensible to tell the opposition what they are planning, now does it?
You tell me - the opposition must be quaking in their boots right now.
The problems in Bangladesh are serious, but are a diversion from the serious and unfounded allegations you have made.
A state of emergency cannot be dismissed as a mere distraction. It would be one thing for an airline like BA to have to suspend a route to an unstable country, as they could easily move their aircraft onto another destination. It is quite another for a low cost airline to attempt to start up service in such a clearly volatile market.
I have provided explanation and justification for all of my comments. You have merely replied with diversionary and irrelevant responses. Perhaps you'd like to reply to the specific technical points I have raised above, then we can move on.