PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR standard
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2007, 12:48
10secondsurvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As regards the original point made, I think it is extremely worrying that the relevant staff are not able to be understood in English. In the event of an emergency, the instructions from cabin crew ARE important, for example to not use overwing exits in event of engine fire or smoke.

This is a safety issue, and really does need brought to attention. It is unacceptable regardles of the airline or the fare paid. If it were BA, I would feel the same.

My own personal opinion on this is that in the event is the Sh*t hitting the fan when I am on a flight, I would much rather have a flight/cabin crew with professional standards and considerable experience. In particular I would want those on the flight deck to have much more than the basic legally acceptable minimum training. This is why I do not fly Ryanair, and never will.

To explain further, if you were hiring a chauffer for your car, would you choose a newly qualified driver, who passed their test yesterday and is therefore legally qualified to drive your car, or would you look for someone with a license AND lots of experience driving cars over several years beyond their training?