PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JD Aviation
Thread: JD Aviation
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2007, 11:14
SU27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ill get back to you on the departure fees. They were not sky high by the way. Ill check my invoices.

Delays are few and far between. You will taxi out at 1100 hrs just as the final transatlantic flights are leaving. There are no long queues of little aeroplanes to worry about. EGCC ATC are very good. Much more professional than at some other airfields which I won't name.

I only had two occasions where I was delayed, but I'm talking no more than 30 mins, in which case we didn't taxi out.

Also EGCC ATC has many taxiways and of course two runways to play with, so alot of the time you will find you will be quickly launched away in front of a 747 etc.

The system works at Manchester.

As for not having a sim, that is no problem. I liked the idea of being out in a real aeroplane. The Archer that is used for that section of the course is only 3-4 years old and is a nice aeroplane. This aeroplane is booked by JD Aviation and isn't used by MSF as much as you'd expect. Obviously from time to time MSF will need the aircraft. As you said, JD's rates are very good.

Hope I have been helpful. Perhaps I'll see you around.