PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sim Prep options
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2007, 06:31
kmagyoyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tales from the Classic sim.

Hi YF

I did a bit of soul searching over doing a practice sim as 'down under' there is only one choice at it isn't cheap. It was something I couldn't justify financially so...

I did numerous hand flown raw data ILS's on my current type (thankfully my current operator allowed that);

Downloaded 'ready for pushback' and flew the profile a million times ok total nerd alert but it was useful for orientation, learning the profile backwards and getting your head around those bloody bugs!;

Finally, prayed that 10 years roaring around in pointy jets in a previous career counted for something.

I was in HKG with a couple of 747 drivers and they said the sim didn't fly like a 747. Take from that what you will. The SIM was very very unstable attitude wise ESPECIALLY in bank. Whether or not they give it a way aft CoG or its just testing nerves the machine was a bloody handful. Take your eyes of the ADI at your peril... on the bright side power + attitude = performance and the numbers they give you are spot on.

If your wondering I start in Sept on the A330 so must have done ok