PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2007, 00:13
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ezpz I have absolutely no intention of pm'ing you the name of the OPM that I have spoken to.

Yes NTC's are instructions about the way things should be done, and I follow them all to the letter, but this is slightly different to the average NTC. It's not as if this is a change to the way we carry out CPR or some other important procedural instruction. This NTC is about saving time, and all the crew I have flown with have been more than happy to replace the sick bags.

Tell you what happened today on a flight, where a crew member had forgotten to replace the sick bags. A female pax threw her guts up absolutely everywhere. It went all over her blouse, all over her trousers and all over 2 seat cushions and over a seat belt. This meant that 2 crew members had to assist this poor lady in cleaning up (I didn't tell them to, they did it voluntarily). This then had a knock on effect on the service. The flight was quite a short one and myself and the Number Four had to serve the whole cabin whilst the other 2 crew members were cleaning up the mess. One of the crew ended up with quite a considerable amount of vomit on her skirt. We were very lucky that the female pax did not ask why sick bags were missing, because I for one would not want to have to explain to her that the company isn't bothered about replacing them any more - just to save turnaround time.

So, on arrival back at LGW the engineers are now required to replace the seat belts and 2 seat cushions. How much money does THAT cost?

And ezpz you say that the Captain can not tell me or my crew to put sick bags in the seat pockets - well are you going to refuse if one of your captains (assuming you are crew) tells you to? What other things will you refuse to do for your captain?

Reading through the posts on here, it seems as if most crew are continuing to turn the aircraft around in the same fashion as they did before the level 2 notice was issued. Nearly every crew member I have flown with this week has continued to cross the seat belts (off their own back) because they want the cabin to look smart.

I think you and I are going to have to agree to differ on this one - I will continue to do things the way I am (and I have noticed a number of other SCCM's in briefings telling crew to replace sick bags, so I am not alone!) and if you want to follow the level two notice to the letter, then so be it!