PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there any HAPPY Pilots @ CX????
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2007, 21:36
geldap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

There are certain types of people who will be happy at CX, and there are types who will not be. You have to decide what type of person you are and where you fit. Take a long close look at yourself and ask yourself these questions.

If I were lied to at a job interview would I be happy to accept less than what I thought I was getting? Two trains of thought - hell no - I was lied to, I want what I was promised. Or - well I know its not what I thought it was but it still aint bad here.

If I saw wrongdoing or ill treatment of a follow professional, would I be willing to say something or keep my head down and be thankfull it is not me?

If I knew the company lied to me, could prove it boyond doubt but they would not listen, including the HR personell, would I be able to just turn the other cheek.

If I knew the company went out of their way to not pay me the benefits I had worked for and was contracted to, could I ignore this?

If I worked in an environment of threat, in a country which has no worthy recourse to the law, how would I feel?

If you can honestly say you are such a hard nut type that these things would not affect you and you can live like this and be happy and at peace with yourself then go and join CX. If you have any sort of conscience, where you like to see yourself and fellow workers treated with dignity and respect, then there will be a hundred other jobs for you out there that will be far more suitable than CX.
They are a very nasty set of people, interested in cash and cash alone. They are effectively 25% owned by the human rights loving chinese government through thier commercial arm CATIA. The civil aviation department (incidentally also a chinese government office) are pro Cathay no matter what they do or how they do it. Someone in CX raises their head above the parapit (maybe to defend a colloeague from wrongdoing etc) and thats it - you are out.

There is no H&S laws to speak of. This company does what it likes when it likes with no consequence as it has the backing of the goverment itself to operate like this. If you have another option (any option) take it, otherwise get something from them for nothing and leave. They have done it to many people so turn the tables.

A very happy to be ex employee. Life is good since I no longer work for the green scum LOL