PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2007, 19:15
TomBola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clouded Judgement

SAS,

Much though I normally agrre with what you have to say, I think this time you're way off base. The Major may not be a nice guy, but he's effective and he gets results. If some guy has decided to whinge (possibly via someone else) about a bond which he entered into quite willingly for something he wanted, then that's the way of the world. If he didn't want to be bonded, he didn't have to. I happen to know that the guy in question was still given his Command and the money for that just before he went, even though he'd already resigned. Maybe you didn't have much contact with the likes of Norris and Fry if you think they were honest and gentlemen. It might interest you to know that Norris backed up your nemesis, Tyre Burst on many occasions. At least the Major is there and in your face, unlike L'WAAPAM who writes under the cloak of anonymity about integrity - what about the integrity of accepting the fact that if you've signed up to a bond, you may actually have to suffer the consequences if you decide not to stick to it? A case of sour grapes in my opinion. Rather than being 'royally shafted' he was just held to account for something he had willingly signed a legal agreement for. If you had bought a car and signed up for a finance agreement, then decided you were going to move to another country, so you were just going to abandon that car and not pay the balance of the loan, do you think you would have believed it if someone from the finance company had told you that you wouldn't be held to account for the balance? You'd be a naive fool if you did!

The number of pilots leaving ACN/CHC for Bristow at the moment, suggests that they are indeed in deep doo doo, because they have a management even more flawed than that of Bristow - don't let your old, out-dated prejudices color your judgement on this. You had bad experiences in Bristow, but exactly the same could have happened in CHC. The current strike of their fixed wing staff in Lagos is a symptom of the breakdown in management throughout the company.