PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2007, 15:54
ezpz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I am the SCCM onboard I have the right to change things (non safety related) to make things better for the passengers.
What other Notices To Crew are you currently not following because you don't like them? NTC's are not optional. What would a new crew member think if you tell them off for following a NTC. Confused, upset or even angry?
Also I have had Captains say to me that they would like me to continue with the sick bag replacements, to which I reply "I am already insisting on this". What do you want me to do? say to the Captain "I am sorry sir, but due to this new turnaround policy I can not carry out your request"
If you read your manual, it states we must follow the Captain's lawful commands. Telling you to put sick bags in the seat pockets does not fall under his powers.
I have had an OPM onboard this week and I said to the OPM that I am continuing to insist they are replaced and guess what, the OPM agreed that they should continue to be replaced as the down time (as per my original post) on awaiting cleaners and engineers will far outweigh the 20 seconds saved on not replenishing them.
Could you PM me the OPM's name, so I can ask them why they are telling you to disregard an NTC, and if that applies to the rest of the crew community or just you.
Remember we are in a customer service industry and we want out pax to return to us time and time again. Passengers who have to experience messy cabins will be less inclined to fly again with us
Yes we are in a customer service industry. A very competative one. So easyJet regulary sends out customer surveys to our passengers to find out what they want. The biggest "dissatisfier" for our passenger is late flights. Have a look at any of the montly customer survey results on the intranet. Thats why easyJet is trying to HELP us crew by giving us less to do on turnarounds. I am really happy that everyone who has posted on this thread is so passionate about their job and high standards. But refusing to follow an NTC because they don't like it is not the easyJet way to deal with a problem. Give feedback to your managers and hangar 89, but don't ask your colleauges to disregard an NTC just because you do not like it.