PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEP - Please Help - Assistance Needed.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2007, 14:21
xraf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I thought you might be!

So....if you check jet2whatnots posts he has asked questions about PPL flying in fast jets, high speed generally, helicopter importation and twins. I am guessing he's not short of the odd bob and if he wants to spend it on twins why not.

If its a struggle - good. Thats what makes things worthwhile.

If he cant do it in 6 hours - so what.

If it takes extra practice and a bit of study - again so what.

Unlike the military there's no 'chop' out here in civvieland just extra costs, for my two pennyworth do as much as you can afford, as soon as you want to, work hard, stay sharp and enjoy it- lifes too short for any other philosophy.

Of course some people cant do it all but what do you suggest - dont even try? I hope not!

However, as 'knocking confidence' will undoubtedly come up I'll state my position on it now: Most people in aviation aren't timid, they know that they need both training and experience but when they feel ready to try something - let them!

If someone decides that because they are unable to do something IMMEDIATELY or in the minimum time, they should give up, then perhaps they should not be aviating at all?

Obviously, none of the above is meant to override common sense, an individual's instructors feelings and sound advice BUT it is an attempt to encourage the next generation to have a go, so they dont give up too soon, or worse dont try in the first place.

As for what you know, I am of course familiar with Bose x's excellent record in training, indeed I'm sure the guy in the Lance will get there, but maybe not in 6 hours. There's nothing wrong with that, or an occasional reminder that its OK to try something and fail if only temporarily! (something we tend to forget these days.)

Every wannabe on here seems to talk about minimum times minimum exams and minimum knowledge, perhaps we can encourage different mentality.

Regards
Xraf