PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAConnect & Flybe
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2007, 13:43
dollydaydream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could I ask, jagu, in what capacity you work for Flybe?
Regarding crewing/ops etc I think we all appreciate that they are trying to do their jobs and are understaffed and I can just about accept the argument that new people couldn't be employed prior to the official signing date, although many crew underwent a 'welcome to Flybe' course well before signing!!
What I take issue with is the amount of time it is taking for them to now employ people in crewing, the 'well it's not my problem' attitude of some people in crewing/rostering/ops when they are rung with problems. I'm sorry but it is THEIR problem when people are stranded away from base with no hotels booked, no positoning flights booked etc etc - this is not heresay, it has happened to me. I don't think cabingal was inferring they were trying to 'withhold a hotel room' I think the more likely attitude was 'oh **** we've cocked up again' Recently in Sou crew were changed to a very nice hotel, (according to the taxi driver 'because that ex-Ba lot moaned about the other hotel' interesting to know where he was fed that information), on checking in they were told on the 3rd night the hotel was booked up and they were moving elsewhere. Given the problems with nightstop bags through security etc, crew were anxious to know when and where they were going, after 3 days of crewing/hotac (when they answered) insisting they were not moving the assistant manager eventually retrieved the e-mail sent to Flybe the DAY BEFORE anyone checked in stating the room situation and the fact that the hotel had booked rooms elsewhere for crew. No-one had a problem with moving, the problem once again was lack of accurate information, difficulty in speaking to someone who's responsible for arranging the hotels and flights. I am prepared to do my job to the best of my ability and give 100% - I didn't ask to work for Flybe but I was happy to give it a go. I still love flying but all the problems occuring in order for me to do my job are really making me think again. I don't like having pax asking me why the check in staff are rude and uninformed, and they are, I don't like going to work wondering what time I will finish etc.
I could go on but I suppose someone will say if you don't like it leave, I feel that for some thats what they see as a solution - don't fix it, get rid of the people who want it to improve!