PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now is your chance to remove unnecessary rules and costs/VOR airspace thread merged
Old 15th Jun 2007, 13:16
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
Lots of good stuff here.

Re max alt without oxygen. I completely agree with the 12500 foot rule. The air is not that mouch different in oz as it is in USA. Not sure we need the 14000' for 30 mins rule (most likely introduced in the US to pop over the Rockies at a good height, then descent).

Straight in approaches - yep, should be allowed everywhere

Instructors without an AOC - bring it on! A great move. Will also allow people who are experienced and passionate about flight instruction to do it.

ASICs for capital city airports only. And not needed for students.

There should be no difference in maintenance standards and pilot experience for RPT and charter. I have the whole aircraft to myself and get it has to meet a lower standard of maintenance?

Define RPT and charter better - none of this shelf company cross hire stuff to get around it all. One rule for all lighties carrying fare paying passengers, whether it's a fixed terminal/schedule or walk in charter to Kiwikurra.

More to come!

Good work Dick, and many here no doubt appreciate the ability to input. But please, may these suggestions please be tabled and put forward on their merits and not bundled up into an airspace agenda.

NB for the medical side of things - yes the $130 is outrageous, but I understand that your Doc is a Delegate of the CASA doc. If s/he did not pick up your heart irregularity and you have a heart attack killing 5 pax, your doc is covered by CASA' coverage. Can you imagine how large the insurance premiums would be for you local aviation doc? Mine said he'd stop doing aviation medicals.