PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF pilots leaving
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2007, 07:30
griffinblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-A-F,

What you are saying is that the (ADF) employer contribution remains in consolidated revinue increasing at what I believe is CPI. Incidentally, I thought we were able to access our super at 60. The employer contributions for a person employed in the civilian sector remains in a super fund and will thus grow at the rate of that fund – currently funds are doing very well.

The difference is that our employer contributes between 17% to 28% of our final 3 years average salary (for the vast majority of us in MSBS). That means for the average FLTLT (or equivalent) who earns (3 year average) $100,000 our employer is contributing between $17,000 and $28,000 per year to our super. I think that is quite competitive from a ’package’ point of view.

Of course, you can only leverage that sort of return by remaining ‘in’.

Incidentally, you say the majority of RAAF (presume ALG, or all FEGs?) tours will be 4 years of flying followed by 2 years later on. 6 years of flying in total! How can guys have the technical expertise to be sound commanders and staff officers with the sum total of 2 flying tours adding up to 6 years flying? Particularly, if you have been out of the game for 8-10 years. How do guys feel about the 3 year sunset clause and loosing Q&S?