PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College, Waterford, Ireland
Old 15th Jun 2007, 02:18
OutLoud767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I toured PTC quiet a few months ago, they seemed very eager for me to start flying. Every time I talked about pricing and hidden costs they would quickly change the subject to ''unlimited oppurtunities''.

Although I am impressed with their employment statistics......theres always somethin fishy about them. Like there holding something back.

Everytime I critisized the pricing they would always jump to ''But we'll have you flying for Aer Lingus at the age of 19''. Tempting, but I made the right decision to leave.

Also had a bad experience with Atlantic air based in Cork. There school was in a little portable cabin and the professionalism was ridicalous. It was about this time last year I had a lesson booked with them one afternoon but got a phone call which went exactly as following '' Hello Ian, listen I got bad news. Were having trouble with Delta x-ray, its engine is bust so were cancelling all lessons today'' I was not expecting it and looked up into the sky with dissapointment when I suddenly notcied Delta x-ray flying around!!! So I replied ''oh really? because I see the f###ing thing flying around now!!!'' None the less he's reaction was priceless and I never associated witht the school again. Only had 12 hours logged towards PPL, thank god I didnt give them anymore than that.

So basically there the 2 main flying schools in ireland, and in my opinion I would stay away from both. I am now looking into flight schools in US/canada. Better off to be honest with you