PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Met's EC145s are about to go Operational!
Old 15th Jun 2007, 02:11
Lord Mount

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Standing with feet shoulder width apart bracing for a slagging off from certain quarters.)

I am a current serving Metropolitan police officer.

The ASU are worth their weight in gold as far as I'm concerned. They have allowed me to more efficiently serve the residents of and visitors to the nation's capital. They have protected my life on more than one occasion.

When I utilise the unit I want to know that the person assisting me has been where I am, has done the job I am doing and has a bloody good idea of what I'm thinking and what I am trying to achieve.

That person has, in my opinion, got to be a serving or recently retired police officer.

I am also a PPL(H).

The pilot has to be, to some extent, detatched from what is happening on the ground. His priority has got to be the safe operation of the aircraft, not only for the people within but also the people below and fellow airspace users. I don't know if a serving or recently retired police officer could confidently maintain that level of detatchment and not get focussed in on the events unfolding beneath.

IMHO the ballance is right.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

LM