PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What makes a GREAT airline livery?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2000, 17:03
The Guvnor

Thumbs up

Good suggestions so far - beers all round, I think!

OK, so what do we have ... dark coloured tail(possibly including upper fuselage), and either all-over white, cream (as in Saudia and RAF Nimrods - except they call it hemp. Probably something to do with what the crews smoke to relieve boredom on those 19 hour missions!)

Simple logo and logotype, preferrably not looking like household implements. Also, ideally something that can be easily linked with the airline's name and/or ethnic origin.

Haven't seen the new Titan livery, but I did like the old one which by a strange quirk of fate had a cream all-over fuselage and deep blue tail with logo. Hang on ... just looked at Airliners.Net and there's a 146 (G-ZAPN) in a really wierd livery which looks like someone with a very severe astigmatism designed it!

Biggles - admit it. You just miss the old BA (or Caledonian!) scheme!! By the guy in the bow tie, are you talking about Vladimir Reitz? G-BAAA is with Aer Turas as EI-CNN, after having spent many years with CX.

By sheer coincidence, the two basic liveries I have been playing around with are:

1) Cream fuselage with deep blue tail and titles

and

2) Deep blue tail and upper fuselage, with thin emerald cheatline below solid colour, white belly. Titles would be in white.

OK, keep those ideas coming!!

------------------
Happiness is a warm L1011