PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Gulf Air issues (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2007, 16:45
boeingdriverx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of very good information ( again I am being ironic here) recently in our beautiful GDN about these gulf air employees who are offered to have an early retirement ( on a voluntary basis ) and go with a 'golden parachute' ( =lump sum of money ). Of course you guess the business: on one side too much money given on the other not enough and of course lots of buII****.

Put some protesting and striking in front of the pink palace and you get our current situation in Gulf Air... From what I understood these guys were asking for: 20.000 BD plus 2 month salary per year of service plus their GOSI thing and some other perks... Of course this request has been rejected! André wants to save money not spend of course! But nobody push them to leave their jobs! but of course so much $$$ and then stay home is quite tempting...

Again I am sorry we don't have a good union to sort out things. I know we are in the Middle East... Of course no news about our package. I guess I will be called during my standby this month as so many of my collegues are heading East for better job opportunities. I can't blame them.

BD