PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Australia/Pilots Dispute, ABC 14/06
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2007, 14:58
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ohh, what sweet serendipity. My first visit to this forum for a long time and I chance upon a thread about 89. I confess I was busy watching my only TV vice, Law and Order, and didn't know the show in question was on.

But I'm sure nothing has changed, and it's good to see Amos is still alive, I suppose. What about dear old Tool Time, Amos? How is the old bugger? Still as bitter as ever and on a permanent diet of Quick-Eze and Prozac?

Oddly enough, the pilots I still associate with are all under 40, doing their command training, and don't seem to give a **** as to history repeating itself. They only seem concerned about how to pay off their mortgage. I can only shake my head at their selfishness. This sort of attitude never used to prevail.

Oddly enough, the GA owners I speak to also seem concerned that they can't get enough pilots to satisfy demand. Bloody hell, whatever happened to the good old days?

Time certainly does have a way of flattening hills, and while I'm now out of the loop completely, however peripherally I may have been in it, the "maintain the rage" campaign of 1989 seems to be doomed to the same level of success as its political predecessor of 1975. I'm sure all airline pilots had a lot of sympathy for that one.

Looks like those bloody pinkos might be getting in again too, against all reason and logic. Bloody hell, the world's falling to pieces I tell you.