PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFO raids four premises in BAE contracts probe
Old 14th Jun 2007, 14:23
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Thank you for your calm and analytical post, eal410.
....you are clearly an idiot.....will try and pitch at Sun reader level or below in future, just for your benefit.
I guess you may have diluted your arument slightly there - but as I always say, if you can’t win the argument, slag off the person. . If this was a sporting arena, I guess your words would be classed as a professional foul. But since I don’t know who you are, I can’t tell whether professionalism is a word that figures largely in your life.

It’s another assumption, I know (sorry about that), but I’m assuming from an earlier post that you do actually work at BAES, and that you aren’t very happy there.
I can only apologise for those who suffer dealing with BAE senior management, try coping with them day by day! Incompetence seems to be the requirement for career development here!! It can be very frustrating as a subordinate, if it is how customer see us, that is even worse.
Perhaps that’s what makes you so grumpy and prone to these wild bouts of mud-slinging. To venture yet another assumption, maybe the strain of having to keep your mouth zipped whilst at work means that PPRuNe is your only release. If so, that’s very sad. Have you thought of quitting?

Forgive me if I’m completely wrong in my assumptions....

Anyway, thank you for explaining that your initial slagging-off of spotters was really meant to be a criticism of Panorama for using them. Now that is something we could discuss.
"we are lazy and can't be bothered doing our own research."
were the words you put into Panorama’s mouth. I think that searching out the right spotter is rather good journalistic research. Of course, reporters have to make judgements about the veracity of what a spotter says, but so they do with any piece of evidence offered to them. Also - can you suggest a better way of tracking the journeys of a big, but rather elusive, aeroplane around the globe? I don’t think asking national authorities is going to get you very far, do you? Spotters can provide independent, unbiased information.

I was going to go on to your strictures about what makes a good journalist - but I think I’m losing the will to live.

airsound