PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Pilots have better Rosters than Fixed Wing Pilots
Old 14th Jun 2007, 12:44
Quichotte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Humans allways looking to the other side...

Since more than 25 years in helo business and i have seldom found working conditions as good as the fixed wings have.

Operated mostly outside the at least small luxury of an airfield, with coffee, meals, phone, technical help..., Mostly single in cockpit, single in job, single against the customer, single in case of technical problems, single in weather, single on refueling by cans ... and have done much more dangerous flights than the fixed wing bus drivers along their trails in the big sky Found me sitting 8-9 hours a day week after week (plus refueling plus the paper work, plus driving the fuelcar and the ship to the next landing spot, plus fixing the equipment failures - all after the cockpit hours) in a single engine helicopter right within the dead man area and hauling sling loads with 150ft lines on record times.

And never got the money of the big captains and the safety of the airliners. Bristow is a big one, but only 0,0001 percent of the helo world. I'm sure we will find easy a comparable fixed wing operator...

Last edited by Quichotte; 14th Jun 2007 at 12:57.