PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna Aerobat what dya think?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2007, 11:50
Gipsy Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incidentally, I have just watched the 152 doing 60 turns - see link above.

Something seems not quite right here. I would have expected some camera shake at the stall but was not able to detect any. Why does the girl's hair not lift at entry to the spin or otherwise make much movement? The sequence seems to have been initiated at 14,000 feet (will one of these climb that high?) and whilst the altimeter appears to unwind with some predictability, other flight instruments can't be checked as the yoke is in the way - I would have expected it to have been pulled much further aft. And why full left aerleron in a spin anyway?

And has anyone noticed the rotating ground? The aircraft's vertical axis of descent is extraordinarly concentric. Looks a bit computer-generated to me . .

Others may find more inconsistencies; I'm getting a whiff of hay here.

And no, I would not wish to attempt this in a Chipmunk. There used to be a widely-circulated theory that if you opened the canopy and stood up, the change in airflow would get the a/c out of the flat condition which it had a propensity to adopt after a few turns. Never met anyone (living) who had tried it though!