PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mode S ........... The saga continues
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2007, 11:39
NutLoose

Received 2,957 Likes on 1,261 Posts
No I didn't phew........

I do think they are shooting themsleves in the feet back peddling over issues like this....... I also think the Mode S fit to everthing is ill concieved and ill thought out as well. I still think the system will crash or be totally swamped big time when everyone and his dog turns them on.

The problem being the next time they try to bring out a mandatory fitment of an item such as the "Mk5 Thrungbucket" for what of a better name, every man and his dog that have already done the circuit and leapt over the course over installing Mode S at considerable expense early on will simply say......

The CAA will backtrack on this too, so I will leave it to the last moment and not fit my required "Thrungbucket" as that will also fall by the wayside for several more years......... precedent set, and a lack of confidence in the CAA's grand scheme of things...

I also think that fitting the likes of the Trig Mode S unit which was a direct slot in replacement for the King mode C unit should of been handled better...

Charging someone £500 for "mod" that consists of plug and play was never going to get the band rolling, surely a reduced fee of say £100 for such a fit, if complied with before XYZ date would have been an incentive for people to uptake the idea and install Mode S earlier......