PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASTRA?
Thread: ASTRA?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2007, 06:37
WELLCONCERNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks SM4.

I has a quick look at the site you referenced - and in particular looked at the Draft Policy Statement on Australian Airspace. Look out guys - NAS is back, and it's bigger and better!! No wonder RHS has been quiet - he's got everything he ever asked for - and more - AND it's being written into law!!

The policy commits CASA to complete investigations on implementing NAS stage 3 by June 2008 - that is, by June 2008 they need to have a program in place to introduce low-level Class E airspace, AND Class E airspace corridors!

There are a HUGE number of inconsistencies in the document - too many to list here, but among them are plans to replace P, R and D areas with American type warning areas, and special use airspace areas.

Maybe I missed the 'broad consultation alert' on this through the last few weeks/months - did anyone else see this document before today?

Anyway, I will be reading this 'policy document' in more detail and sending a response tomorrow. Happy to include any comments you guys have.....[I suspect I already know some of them!!].