PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2007, 22:26
simfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From A New Recruit!

On the flip side to the question above, does anyone know what NATS thinks of applicants who have a PPL and maybe were going on to do futher training to gain their Commercial licence/ATPL but then decided it was not for them? And instead wanted to be a ATCO?
Big Eddie,
I was part way sponosred by a major helicopter company 5 years ago, the first JAA CPL course in fact so doing the ATPL exams. Had half the flying and half the exams out of the way when I had to return home due to an illness in the family, which in turn developed into my own personal struggle against anxiety when flying (according to the medical folks as a result of the stress I had gone through). Had already got a fixed wing PPL too. Spent the last few years trying to get back in the cockpit then realised I wanted to persue a career in another interest of mine, so applied to NATS at the start of this year, and after going to Belfast last week for stage 3, got a call last Friday saying I was in, should be on the september course. So to answer your question, I don't see why you (if it's you you refer to) should not be considered. At my interview last week the fact I'd passed 6 ATPL exams wasn't even mentioned

On another note, thanks to all those who provided useful info on the recruitment process here. Every time I've needed input or advice over the last few years I've always found some great stuff and professionals to pass down their experteese, though we have to ignore some people's stuff now and again........ Medical permitting, looking forward to working with you all who are already there, and maybe shout you a beer if our paths come together! (and well done to Gastra who had the stage 3 experience with me!!)