PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bulldog vs. Tutor
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2007, 21:09
Big Sand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasn't the Bulldog 30 seconds inverted once the inverted oil system had been fitted?

Hi Roland,
Can I dip in here?. I first flew the Dog in the early 80's when doing my best to drink myself through UAS and a degree. My liver survived both (god bless it) and I now fly a Bulldog in my spare time.

Apart from my liver my Bulldog FRC cards survived and I can reassure you that under card 8 limitations the Bulldog under neg G is cleared for:

8 seconds Max continuous
Min 10 seconds between applications.

The limiting feature is the fuel feed and not the oil.

Regards Bulldog v Firefly v Grob. What can I say? All are good trainers but the Bulldog is just that little bit more - British". Sorry Slingsby, that's harsh but do you have a central glove compartment for a chap's pipe and favourite tobacco? No! Come on now, there's more to becoming a RAF pilot than a few fancy dials and a bit of carbon fibre?! How about some good messing and a a game of Fuzzy Duck. Okay, so it's got the air conditioning vents from a Morris Ital - who cares it's built like a brick $hithouse and does what it says on the tin.............thanks Scottish Aviation!

Big Sand