PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Spirit of Adventure in Scotland
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2007, 15:05
Wee Jock McPlop

Static At Balado - Pigs Might Fly

If they can get all those into Balado, I'd be very impressed, if not a little stunned. Balado (with the greatest respect to the current owner) is as derelict and decrepit as they come - make good practice for rough strip landings for the Herc boys though. The surfaces are either overgrown/dilapidated or have aforementioned chicken sheds on them (the pong will be like the mushroom farm behind the tower/101 Sqn at Brize). I drive past the place almost daily and the chances of hosting a major air display with associated static - well lets just say they have a challenge ahead of them.

As for mounting points for the flying display? Assuming they do wish to launch/recover to Edi they better start talking soon to the BAA and to ATC. As I mentioned in the other thread on this topic, we (ATC) have not heard a dicky bird from them. Assuming they will not mount from Edi, it would still be prudent to contact Edi ATC well ahead of the planned dates, given the proximity of Balado the the UKs 5th, yes 5th, busiest civil airport.

Flexibility, the key to air power. Good communication, prevents cock-ups.

WJMcP

P.S Why in gods name did they choose Balado in the first place?