PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2007, 00:02
nunquamparatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Mid-Dinner' Speeches

Hmm, some credential showing. Those whom were there for this can testify to my inebriation, however, here goes. Runway 07 (ARK), sometime in 2001/2002, a full-house mess dinner, including RADM Leadbetter (FOMA) and pingers, baggers etc. Very drunk Freddie amongst similarly pi**ed SHAR types. Post scran, Mess President announces "Mr Vice, The Queen". Mr Vice duly pipes up "Ladies (for there were some - not just the baggers) and gentlemen, The Queen". Cue drunken fool - "And her dead Mum". Now dearest QM had just popped her clogs and was patron of said large steamer and Ship's Officers very fond of the old dear (despite the fact she could out-drink any of them). Amongst much giggling from our table I even managed to escape a huge fine for inappropriate behaviour from the Commander (nice bloke - not) - unlike brother Parker (JP) who got fined for easing springs without authority (would they prefer him o p*ss on the floor/deck?) and calmly drank the contents of his 'fine' in front of the Commander - the entire decanter!! A true dit!!
I will let Scapegoat and Deadmeat spin some of the more juicy stories - particularly (Deadmeat) the one about the Midshipman and the £50 bet........