PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tax in NZ/Australia
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2007, 23:19
superfrozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Death, taxes and nurses. The only 3 sure things in life...

Kmag,

I'm fairly sure you will be paid $Oz into an Oz account. Technically you won't be working for Cathay, rather the basing company "Veta". You actually sign on with Cathay, but on day one of your training in HK you sign a resignation... and job acceptance for "Veta" all in the space of 5 mins (I sh!t you not).

The only issue is how much time you spend in each country - more than 180 per year in Oz and Howard (soon to be Rudd, the male version of Helen... no wait, she is male - man that screws with your brain) will take full Oz taxes. I reckon as a 'bus FO you'll probably come close to cracking 180 days actually in Oz - they will get their pound of flesh from you.

No idea what iNzud rules are there mate - question on sport. One thing's for sure, you better get professional advice ASAP. Maybe even ask for a ruling from the ATO/NZTO. You DON'T want to be like a few commuting Ozzies who are getting rude letters from the ATO as to their "Oz lifestyles on HK tax" conundrum.

And yes, as livid as I am, I would be even more crimson if you took a Melb. basing. Never fear, they're being taken by the ex-81WG "scabs"! (You know who you are, Mr bullet time!!!)