PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF pilots leaving
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2007, 23:09
griffinblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With respect to Aavn, I understand army have no candidates for the upcoming course starting at Tamworth – perhaps someone else can confirm this? Army are bleeding QFI’s big time. They have lost several QFIs from Darwin and Oakey recently. They are also introducing ARH, MRH and perhaps more CH47 and training aircraft in the not too distant future. Interesting times indeed!!!

Wardog.

Your assumption about my callsign is correct. However, notwithstanding the doors on Vne, I have flown other types (not trying to give too much away here). And… I flew in an era when NB GND LVL was the norm. Now I am probably giving away too much info!

Remuneration. I too am not convinced a retention bonus is ideal. I do however believe remuneration needs to be competitive. I am not sure that the current market forces along with financial incentives continues to make ADF flying competitive. At the end of the day financial security is a very strong motivator and starting pay in for airlines may be below FLTLT (10 year Q and S) but it rapidly overtakes it. This in no may negates the previous comments about the continued desire of individuals to continue flying and the need for stability. My point being that remuneration needs to be competitive and I am not sure it remains so any more.