PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Short term helo solutions - what's happening & what would we like to see happening?
Old 12th Jun 2007, 22:50
PTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheWizard
An opinion based on what? Do you actually know what the DAS fit is on both?(obviously not for publication on here) If you do then you need to have another look at the definition of capability. If not then your statement has no credibility and comes across as just another anti-Merlin rant
Yes, I do know what both fits are, and I am well aware of their relative merits and weaknesses. I'd happily chat to you about the definition of "capability" over a beer: as you correctly say, this is not the place. I personally am happier with one fit than with another.

Jacko - this is not an us vs them thing, it's a matter of fitting capability to requirement (effects-based procurement?), and the requirement does not include a third type to carry out what can be very (and I do mean very) simplistically be broken down into two tasks: move lots of stuff into big places and move lots of (although usually less) stuff into small places.