PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA to represent ALL Qantas Group Pilots
Old 12th Jun 2007, 22:47
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Hey Shot, I've always been a fan of being 'up front'. I don't visit Jet Blast because most of it is inane crap that I can't be bothered reading and just isn't interesting (to me). However if someone offends me (and Lawrie's comments were directed at me in terms of answering a question that I put forward) then surely I have the right to say that I was offended. If I offended you by referring to you in some particular way that you found offensive then I'm sure that you'd have no hesitation in letting me know.

Of course though, then we wouldn't be able to have the double standard that those like you perpetuate. It's ironic that my comments have obviously offended your sensibilities (in terms of you believing that I'm 'imposing' my religious views) and yet you have no problems with letting me know that you feel this is inappropriate. So it's OK for you to let me know that you don't like what I said (based up me pushing an agenda from your perspective) but it's not OK for me to do likewise to Lawrie. Who was the arrogant one?

I find the term 'skygod' offensive on more than one level and find that it normally indicates someone with a chip on their shoulder about the role that QF drivers play in the industry. Therefore if someone wants to engage in a proper discussion with me with a hope of influencing my thoughts, then they're better off leaving the term out.