PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky X2 coaxial heli developments.
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2007, 21:06
Dave_Jackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

This posting is placed here in the Sikorsky SX Coaxial thread since the following US Patent Application is including the SX coaxial configuration.

Nick,

As you probably know, I have an interest in the concept of 'Variable Speed Rotors and Propellers', having posted this publicly displayed thread in PPRuNe five months before the filing date of the following Patent Application.

Therefore, it was interesting to read your US patent application 20070125907 ~ Variable speed gearbox with an independently variable speed tail rotor system for a rotary wing aircraft.

A question comes up, which I am sure you can answer.

The patent's tittle includes "...with an independently variable speed tail rotor system for a rotary wing aircraft.". In addition, Claim 2 says "... said tail rotor system at an independently variable speed relative said engine speed.", and Claim 14 says " ... and an independently speed-variable tail rotor system ...".

However, there are no details on this variable-speed tail-rotor ("transitional thrust system 18 and 18' "). In addition, the associated drawings only show a blank box.

I understand that the US Patent Office does not review the Claims in a Patent Application, but my question is why is there an 'all-encompassing' claim in the patent application?

Dave