PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Slowing down on final approach.....
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2007, 17:25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....and some more....

411... i think your slightly missing the point im afraid. i Know i am there to provide a service to you guys and girls. but the bigger picture is not just you in your plane in the sky. by increasing the vectors at a busy airport such as the one i work would lead to more holding, which means more fuel and greater delays etc. the other point....these speeds were negiotiated with the airlines! we discussed what speeds you were happy to comply with. i didnt think i was asking for too much for a pilot to advise me they were going to reduce! and as for working a little harder....... if you sit in the hold and we pull you off one at a time for say 6nm spacing....it makes our life is easier!

human factor......an apology firstly that you dont get your 170 to 5nm. i always write it on my strip and on passing you over tell the fin guy (118.950). its not rocket science when it comes to it to plan for 170 to 5nm. all we do is add an extra 1/4 to 1/2 mile on for catch up.a suggesstion maybe to ask the fin guy on first contact or suggest is ask your ops guys to contact NATS and put a request in for your operator 737's to have that speed. is there any chance you can send me a personal message on here so we can discuss it further? regards.

i cant stress enough that this isnt about atc versus pilots,just trying to do my job...but in the past 7 days have witnessed pilots reducing their speed without saying a word and the freq wasn't that busy. on one occasion it was very lucky i had mode S!

take it easy..........