PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA to represent ALL Qantas Group Pilots
Old 12th Jun 2007, 16:55
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Angry Kransky? Really? You don't know me very well. If you've read anger into my comments then you'll need to go back and read again. This time read something along the lines of disappointment with a touch of realistic amusement at Lawrie proving to me what many have said about the AFAP.

I don't know the AFAP from a brick having had zero involvement with them. My only interaction has been as an interested observer in what they've done so far- and this is most often what I read about them by their own hand. My initial impression of Lawrie isn't pretty but I'm pretty confident that he won't lose sleep over what some QF driver (I won't use his term ) thinks of him. I am puzzled that what was a genuine question from me (and I like to think that my history on PPRUNE shows me to be a pretty straight shooter) gets responded to with such invective. Ask the question and Lawrie responds by slagging 2500 pilots in the biggest employer of jet drivers in the country. Shall we digress a little and discuss the fact that comments both here and on other forums show that the DJ guys and gals seem to be significantly under-whelmed with AFAP in recent times?

As for posting under PPRUNE handles, I'm not sure what that has to do with 'being a man' on here or anywhere else. I couldn't have cared if Lawrie posted as Lawrie or Guido the slysdexic taxi driver, the question I posed would have been the same. I would expect his type of response from 101 other people on this forum that take any opportunity to hook into QF drivers (why I'm not sure but there is a thesis in there for someone!) but for the industrial rep of the AFAP to do so is a sad indication of where he and AFAP appear to be. Before you try and accuse me of bias I'll acknowledge that occasionally I get concerned about stuff that comes out of QF and AIPA from time to time also. QF used to get flight crew reports or other feedback from me but there are reasons why they don't anymore and AIPA still get emails or phone calls. Moving on though, if we're about to start measuring the lengths of our proverbials based on whether we've posted under our real names or not then I can give you a list of QF drivers (including management types up to and including the Chief Pilot) as well as drivers for other airlines and even non-aligned personnel on PPRUNE who can tell you quite readily who I am. They may not tell you because frankly you come across as a bit of a pill, but they'll vouch that I stand behind what I say.

JQ may not want to join AIPA and I'm not fussed if they choose to or not. I'd like them to but acknowledge that they won't if AIPA isn't going to deliver the service though. Don't you think that they should be given that choice though?

It wouldn't be worth mentioning, except for the fact that due to your delusional group think, your AIPA is jumping in and doing damage, right now, with uncertain prospects of doing any effective good for the wider industry, ever.
I'm sure that if AIPA decided to push for 'industry wide' coverage (as Lawrie appears to want them to do) that the howls of protest from the likes of yourself and Lawrie about 'not our place' or 'thinking that the QF drivers have all the answers' would be quite loud.

Let me say again for the record (as I've said to AIPA reps) that we need to be working together and that means ultimately all pilots as part of the same pilot group. If the first step to that is drawn along company lines than fine, but it has to start somewhere. I've seen nothing from AFAP on this issue in my last 12 years employed at QF.