PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Gulf Air issues (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2007, 07:00
boeingdriverx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the way out whe have also all these greek captains who were on contracts for the last years. They have just been notified that their contracts won't be renewed and they have until September or October to leave Bahrain. After so many years of good service this is a little harsh I think! I am even not greek or one of them.

And also we have the package offered by the Oman Government and Oman Air to the Omani Gulf Air pilot... Out of 90 guys 60 expressed their interess. After all in 2009 Oman Air is getting A330s and will fly to all these wonderful destinations in Europe like London (I am being a little ironic here)!

The next months are going to be quite interesting, I suggest Bjorn you revalidate your PPL with André somewhere on a Piper in Switzerland you might need it!

I don't know if your package will come tomorrow or next month, but for sure the more you wait the more people will leave. And even if you offer us millions of Bahraini Dinars (who thanks to the sinking dollars is everyday weaker) you have to understand that Gulf Air employees and their families are tired of having shock-treatment every 3 year when the management changes.

BD