PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jazeera Airways
Thread: Jazeera Airways
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2007, 05:56
MASsenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a few years with KU. What you have to remember when you work in the ME is that nothing is as it seems, even when it is written on paper. I was shocked to find the `trader mentality’ with management, and so it`s all about getting the best deal. In this case, if you have been denied something, then the management guy feels he`s got the better deal. Things that we take for granted in the western world, will be deliberately left out, just because you did not asked for it. You then will have to start a long process of appeals and perhaps achieve somewhat close to your target. With KU most of their promise was honored. After a couple of years subsequent contract appeared to be getting more and more restrictive, ie I was loosing out on allowances and benefits. One by one over the years it was being cut when cost of living was going up. Finally when housing allowance was slashed by a 1/3, I decided to pack in. I was in no mood for any more b/s, packed my bags one fine day and took a hike!

Vowed never to set foot ever again in the land of total chaos, total madness, total………you name it and you`ll find it!!!