PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2007, 23:28
renright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFT

I have just finished phase 1 of the APP course with EFT. I found the school to be very professional and the level of instruction to be excellent. I completed all my licences - FAA/JAA PPL and night rating in a reasoanble time frame The timebuilding was another matter though, mainly due to the amount of bushfires burning in Florida during the month of May I did not build the time as quickly as I would have wanted.

I will try to talk about the points mentioned in previous posts:
School/Instruction
As I said above I had no problems with EFT. I just kept an eye on my account and everything was pretty striaght forward. No mystery fees. The instuctors are all excellent and go out of the way to help you if you have any questions or concerns.

Aircraft
Like any other school aircraft go down for maintainance and its just one of those things you just learn to live with. Fortunately I was never really affected by the a/c going down. I think i only lost about 4 to 5 slots in total to aircraft going down while I was at the school. So no complaints there.
CPL guys might have a differnet story since there is only one Arrow to cater for the CPL, but that did not afect me.

Accomodation.
The accom. used by the school is about 30mins from the school. The cost is
$35/per day and this includes all bills and a car - one car per apartment. There is a shuttle bus that runs to and from the school 6 days a week. The standard of apartments is ok but when I go back to EFT I will be sorting out my own living arrangements, mainly because there are a lot of apartments to rent in the area for a lot cheaper than $35 a day!

PM if you want any more detailed info