PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2007, 22:48
shipway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personality questionnaire

I’m sorry but I don't agree that personality plays a big part, its simple down to intelligence and initiative to do the job. The job is not that stressful or even that difficult with all the procedures and technology in place now. How does 'I compete to win' 'I believe in traditional methods' or 'I like to analyse peoples behaviour' got anything to do with whether you can do ATC or not. The tests are fine, they see if you or intelligent enough and quick enough to cope with being trained, I've no problem with that. But surely the best way to gain a profile about someone is to meet him or her face to face, nothing more nothing less. Why not do that? Money and time I think is the answer!

I got 2 mates in the police, they never had to do the questionnaire, they had to do tests and hey guess what after that, an interview!

I know a lad that didn't get in with NATS so went to the military now about to become a validated ATC seems like that’s the best place to go to do the job you know full well your capable of doing.

I could sit that questionnaire over and over again and still fail, cause I just don't know what I did wrong, too honest probably, infact how could I do anything wrong the instructions say there are no right and wrong answers.

You want to see if someone has the right temperament to be trained, I say see them, not give them 108 stupid repetitive questions which don't really mean anything certainly not too ATC anyway!