PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan rocketry!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2007, 22:38
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would seem that the switchery was only evident in the B1 then (presumably with external attachment points), and that the external attachment points lingered-on into the B2 but never had any practical purpose. Interesting indeed, and a shame that Sprite trials presumably never happened - a Vulcan B1 with Sprites would have been quite a take-off!
Safety_Helmut, I should point-out that I'm not claiming to write the "authoritative text on the Vulcan" - I'm just doing a book which will hopefully be worth reading, combining material from my past books with additions and amendments so that it creates what will doubtless be a far-from perfect book, but hopefully something better than anything else that's likely to come along. As for "having digs", I'm entitled to a view just like you are, and I personally thought the 607 book was a bit heavy-going; It would have made a great chapter, but a whole book?
As for the new book from Tempus, I wasn't "having a dig" at that either - just pointing-out that it's rubbish! It is full of mistakes, nonsensical information, and lots of material that has been reproduced without permission from myself and other people (one of whom is already talking to his solicitor). I'm amazed it got published actually! However, feel free to continue whining if it makes you happy; I've got broad shoulders