PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK capatain salary
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2007, 19:42
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah i can understand that for sure, but to be honest, most of the Ozzies are pretty good pilots and pretty good people. Yes they rub some people the wrong way, that is for sure, but for the most part they are great.
I think a few bad apples in training have labelled Ozzies in the wrong way. I may be wrong there, but that is my point of view.
I too have had the nightmare sim with an idiot from Oz, but generally speaking I would much prefer to have an OZ backing me up on my flight than 75% of the aforementioned.
I cringe everytime they start doing their 'Chuck Yeager' impersonations on the radio, but what really scares me is when they start talking about life and world events.
Just my opinion. But there is definitely something wrong in that country.
"I have the right to bear arms'' even if its an assault weapon and more people die each year from firearms than from traffic accidents
''THEY have weapons of mass destruction'' therefore we must invade
" I am a born again Christian, therefore I am moral'' in spite of all evidence to the contrary
''I am rich and powerful, therefore I am intelligent and deserving of your respect'' (another all evidence to the contrary, haha)
Yes i know, my apologies for ranting a tad here, but to be honest, give me a decent Brazilian pilot with poor english anyday over a self-important, uninformed and ignorant pilot who thinks the world revolves around him and his country........ anyday.
I only hope that I am wrong and that the average pilot from the epicenter of the planet is not a true indication of mentality of the average citizen from God's chosed country.