PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Onur Air Engine Failure Manchester
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2007, 17:53
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is the sort of thread on pprune that makes me want to puke!
We have a set of spotters, unpromising hysterics and aeronautically illiterate persons pontificating upon something they don't know the first thing about.

"Why go into the hold when everyone knows you have to get on the ground as soon as possible" they say. Have you ever heard of completing the QRH? Have you ever heard of the dangers of starting an approach before you are fully ready?

Do you know what a WAT limit is? Have you ever heard of being at such a weight that an emergency go-around would be impossible on one engine?
I have never flown an MD-80 but I am sure that they have such a limitation.

I certainly wouldn't commence an approach unless I knew that I could make a go-around should a further emergency arise.

I would only ever commit myself to an immediate landing if my arse and the rest of the aircraft were seriously on fire.

What really depresses me about these bl**dy amateurs pontificating on pprune is the fact that some of them are already on the "everything the Turks do is bad and everything the Brits do is good" line.

I have spent nearly 50 years of my life flying with pilots from all over the world and I can tell you that I have flown with some Turkish pilots who were excellent in every way and would make a lot of you out there look like a bunch of Boy Scouts!

Please, please, if you don't know what you are talking about then keep quiet and learn from those who do.