PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Onur Air Engine Failure Manchester
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2007, 17:40
757manipulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Mr Oblaspoop's benefit

Oh dear Oblaspoop..
You are indeed correct, I have no working knowlege of MD-80 aircraft, however I would be surprised if a 'light twin' like that couldn't make a landing at or close to MTOW (all modern Airbus' and most Boeing A/C can and those that can't have fuel dumping systems installed for that very reason).
Except it's neither..and you've CLEARLY stated, you have NO working knowledge of the MD-80

then...
On the contrary, the fuel alone in the A330 I operate weighs more than your B757 (I won't even mention the A340-500 I also fly)!
I didn't realise this was a measuring contest....or are you suggesting that because you fly REALLY big aeroplanes, you have a big...um opinion of your own opinion?

Then the peach..
All I will suggest is that next time you're in the sim, once you've finished all your checks and other good stuff, that you suggest taking up the hold for an hour or so to burn fuel
Why should I take advice from someone who clearly views the size of his machine, as the pertinent point to make? and for what its worth, my plan unless there are OVERIDING safety issues at hand i.e. an uncontrolled fire, is not to rush...but then thats common sense to most people, even I would have thought in an A340-500

Finally...
Remember, the ECAM/EICAS/ and QRH all say LAND ASAP for good reason
No they don't...they say on the 757's I've flown "plan to land at the nearest suitable airport"