PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - As you hope to find?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2007, 12:55
Dave Gittins

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
On the same topic, there are a number of different "preferences" as to how an aeroplane should be left.

I think it is polite to refuel to "tabs" on the club PA-28. That gives reasonable flexibility for the following person. As we use e-allocator, they can always say, " .... please leave close to empty, I am taking four large people to Goodwood" or " ... please leave full am going solo to Inverness"

I do get cross when I arraive and find an aeroplane without fuel - especially where slot times are limited, that somethimes happens if somebody has arrived back out of hours and the bowser driver has gone home.

Do you leave the beacon "on" or "off" when switching off the master ? Personally I leave it on. 'T'ain't what my AFE checklist says.

Personally I turn the fuel off .. lots of people insist yiou should leave it on.

We nornally leave the brakes off but the aeroplane chocked. Some people argue that the brakes should be left on.

Seat belts should be neatly crosed or secured on the seats.

There are always things that are aircraft specific. I've been caught out before by a radio master rather than just the individual switches. God job I had a check with an instructor on one occasion or I would have had to shut down and go find somebody to tell me how to turn the damn things on, so well hidden was the switch. I did my 2 yearly review once and got blasted for not turning the radio master off (and so I should !).

DGG

Last edited by Dave Gittins; 11th Jun 2007 at 12:57. Reason: carp spelling