PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX or JQ, what wouldyou take?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2007, 12:51
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
aulglarse,
I agree with your sentiments, money does not buy happiness, nor does doing more sectors a day, nor does doing more hours a day.

I don't see JQ treating their people any better than VB (tech or cabin crew), and I think the honeymoon will end as you predict in about 18 months when commands dry up, and Tiger forces the rostering to get even tighter to save a dollar. The AFAP have already made representation to the JPC on the request of its members because of arduous rostering practices at JQ, and the real concerns of not being able to drive home safely as they claim to be fatigued.

I also think the tide will start turning in a few months when Tiger enter the field offering more cash than VB and JQ.

In any case, more pilots from VB, JQ, QF are moving to overseas carries as they realise the short sighted attitudes like we have seen displayed in this thread has put a ceiling on what they can earn in Australia, people are not worried about what they are going to feed the family with next week, just what is going to feed them when the get to retirement, that is, if they ever make retirement.