PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Interviews en-mass!!!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2007, 10:45
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minima and others

I believe you guys have been put in an unenviable position - as per another post I made I really do believe VB (and QF also) are in a state of flux, people are leaving which in its own way is great as everyone sees movement however too much loss of experience over a short time weakens an organisation, tie that in with the expansion asperations of VB in particular and things get really interesting (and I would suggest the regulator should get a little bit nervous too!)

I would suggest VB Flight Ops management themselves do not know quite what direction to take - they are fighting fires on many fronts and the concept of a lack of "suitable" pilots for recruitment is something probably outside of their experience and they are having a hard time understanding how things have changed - bearing in mind most of the management went through a period where was a huge surplus of extremely well trained, available pilots (for whatever reason ). Some people are unable to see anything outside of their own experiences, nothing ever changes!!

So for you guys - at the very least to attend an interview and go through a sim session will be great experience, the more experience you have in interview sessions will only lessen (a little bit) the anxiety of future interviews; further I would suggest for the above reasons EVERYONE should tick the "willing to pay for endorsement" box to get the interview.

Anyone who wants to think I am saying this just to try to make life hard for VB, well fair thought but wrong. Sorry!

One of the things I have learnt - if you are offered a position you have a choice to accept or decline, if never offered a position you have no choice.
The aviation game is very different from when I started (you lucky bastards and, err, ladies ) and promotional prospects and movement are unprecedented, if offered ANY position you have to decide whether it is a good deal, average deal or a poor deal - and accept or politely decline.

Good luck to all and the hardest thing to remember - when you get in the sim enjoy the biggest, best video game you will ever experience. Hard under the pressure, I agree, but try!