PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA to represent ALL Qantas Group Pilots
Old 11th Jun 2007, 06:18
Lawrie Cox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg
To answer very bluntly the Federation will protect its area of coverage from bodies seeking to move in (in this case AIPA) that should come as no surprise to anybody with a working knowledge of unions.
We are appealing a decision full of inaccuracies and the ultimate conclusion which is founded on an error in the way the Senior Deputy President read the section of the act. Time will tell if we are right at the appeal but it was to say the least misleading to say that the stay was not immediate for the purpose of its operation. As someone who sat through Fridays proceedings Justice Giudice simply wanted to avoid a further dealy by allowing the final step of the original decision to be acted upon then he stayed the whole lot so that the Full Bench can deal with it all and not have someone playing games about the process causing delays.
I have no problem with anyone attending a meeting a AIPA what i am getting "jack of" is the plain rubbish been spoken about futre unity when the whole exercise is only about protecting QF mainline backsides and using others as their pawns.
The Federation has put it to AIPA to give us a full written proposal that can be considered at our Executive in mid June for one pilot body in Aus. Guess what they can't and will not do it because it exposes the fraud that is being played out. They do not want GA pilots, or helicopters or small airlines in the camp and god forbid you give them equal standing with the QF skygods in voting strength.
The pilot unions will never get together whilst you exclude professional pilots who do not meet the percieved "gods gift to avaition" standards.
If your fair dinkum about the future of pilot unions convince AIPA to embrace all professional pilots and work with us on a structure to achieve rather fight in the courts.
Cloudburst
I do not care what you think mate but this is not about me it is about you and your fellow peers and their futures. Hopefully you might wake up before its too late.
As a side note or for you an inconvienent truth over 70% of the Jetstar pilots voted their agreement up and the wide body amendment we are and have continued attempts to work with the group not stand back and call them parasites and actively try to discredit them as AIPA and its leaders have done since the outset.
Lawrie Cox
Manager - Industrial Relations
Australian Federation of Air Pilots